Periodontal Plus AB Tetracycline Fiber For Local Drug Delivery Advanced Biotech
PPAB is a collagen fibril based formulation containing tetracyclilne hydrochloride (2 mg of Tetracycline) in 25 mg of collagen fibrils. It has a dual mode of action, via the active agent, Tetracycline, and the vehicle, high purity, bio compatible Type-I collagen, which are used. This very unique feature of PPAB enables the active agent as well as the vehicle to be able to work positively towards the repair of the periodontal lesion.
- PPAB is one of the easiest local drug delivery agents that can be used in almost any kind of periodontal lesions The material is dispensed in an easy to use bottle.
- The requires amount can be places in a dappen dish and then wet with a drop of distilled water. The required amount of material can then be picked up with a tweezed and placed near the pocket margins.
- Susequently the material can be easily inserted into the pocket with the help of any composite handling instrument or even with a blunt ended periodontal probe.
SUSTAINED RELEASE AND EFFECTIVITY OF PPAB :-
- Studies have shown that PPAB releases tetracycline consistently from day one over a period of 10 to 14 days with the concentrations peaking by the 4th to 5th day.
- As a synergistic effect, the collagen fibrils also bio-degrade and release enzymes which promote the repair of the periodontal lesion.
- PPAB is available in a conveinient box packaging which contains two or four vials of 25mg each end point sterilized material.
- Each vial has sufficient PPAB to place in four to six lesions.
- Each vial contains 25 mg (Total 100 mg in 4 vials).